UPDATE: OMICRON VARIANT
Some changes we are making at Clober Farm to reduce our coronavirus risk.
The Scottish Government has now issued guidance to self catering operators regarding changes they need to make to their operations in order to re-open safely. We have signed up to follow this guidance and will be adhering to it strictly, we have even enhanced the requirements in a few places.
This guidance has changed a few things at Clober Farm so even if you have visited us before we advise you to read this to familiarise yourself and your party with these changes.
- One of the key changes we have instigated is a major overhaul of our changeover procedures, this has involved introducing a deep clean and disinfecting regime between each guest. Not only will we be spending more time wiping down all hard surfaces and touch points with virucidal disinfectants we will also "fog" with a non bleach virucidal disinfectant between each guest.
- In order to reduce contact, we will sadly no longer be able to personally greet you or show you around the house or have any food parcels on arrival. Check in will now be self check in and keys will be obtained from a key safe at the house. Please call us on 0141 427 7686 the day before arrival (Mon – Friday)
- In order to meet the enhanced disinfecting protocols for beds we will now only make up enough beds and provide enough towels for the number of people in your party as noted on our booking system. Our default position will be to make up the beds in the main bedroom with the profiling bed. If this is not what you require or you have any queries please get in touch.
- Again to assist with our new changeover procedures we have removed a number of items from the house including all books, leaflets, DVD's, games, decorative items including decorative soft furnishings and some less used kitchen utensils.
- When you depart the property we ask that you do the following:
- Strip beds and place all linen, bath mats, towels and tea towels into black plastic bags.
- Waste of any kind should be placed in a plastic bag, tied and removed from the property and disposed of in an external bin.
- Load the dishwasher with all glasses, crockery and cutlery and run the machine
- Leave windows open to air property.
- We had to remove all local information from the house and in its place have a welcome binder, which is cleaned after each guest leaves. Please call 0141 427 7686 if you require any further support.
Covid19 - Temporary amendment to our booking conditions*
The travel industry has received a lot of bad publicity regarding refunds for breaks that were booked during the lockdown period but could not be provided.
In the unfortunate event of a future government enforced nationwide lockdown or regional lockdown that affects your home postcode or Clober Farm and which covers the period of your booked stay, firstly we would encourage you to book alternative dates. If this isn't possible we will refund all monies paid for your accommodation.
If you contract the virus while staying at Clober Farm and need to self-isolate at Clober Farm, however, you will be required to pay for the extra time.
For any non-Covid cancellations please see our main terms and conditions.
We have added a shielding guarantee as follows:-
If anyone in your party is classed as vulnerable and has received a government shielding letter asking you to stay home, if the period of shielding stipulated by the appropriate Government covering your postcode includes the period you were due to stay at Clober Farm, we will refund all monies paid for your accommodation (excluding any booking protect premium). Documentary evidence will be required. For updated advice on shielding in Scotland and to see the guidance we are following please visit the Spinal Injuries Scotland website. This was updated 10th July and now allows for visits to Self catering accommodation for those who were previously shielding.
*These changes to our terms and conditions only apply to bookings made directly with Clober Farm, they do not apply to bookings made through any third party agent. For details of their terms and conditions you should check with the agent you made your booking with.
How to contact us.
Our office is open, If you do need to speak to us please call 0141 427 7686 between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday. The easiest way to contact us is by email at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.