Clober Farm is now open and we are delighted to be welcoming guests back to our house. The charity recognises that as we emerge from lockdown our guests, employees and contractors will have concerns about staying and working at Clober Farm in a world where Covid 19 still exists. We also recognise that the local community will have concerns about welcoming guests back to the area. We are therefore working on several changes to our procedures and terms and conditions to ensure we continue to provide accommodation to the highest and safest possible standard and give our guests confidence to book with us.
We have been working on our cleaning protocols and will be fully implementing the guidance issued by the Scottish Government which includes the adoption of the cleaning protocols created by our trade organisation the Association of Scottish Self Caterers. We have been working hard on this through training and purchasing the correct materials and are proud to say we have now been awarded the “Good to Go” by Visit Scotland.
Some changes we are making at Clober Farm to reduce our coronavirus risk.
The Scottish Government has now issued guidance to self catering operators regarding changes they need to make to their operations in order to re-open safely. We have signed up to follow this guidance and will be adhering to it strictly, we have even enhanced the requirements in a few places.
This guidance has changed a few things at Clober Farm so even if you have visited us
before we advise you to read this to familiarise yourself and your party with these changes.
- One of the key changes we have instigated is a major overhaul of our changeover procedures, this has involved introducing a deep clean and disinfecting regime between each guest. Not only will we be spending more time wiping down all hard surfaces and touch points with virucidal disinfectants we will also “fog” with a non bleach virucidal disinfectant between each guest.
- In order to reduce contact, we will sadly no longer be able to personally greet you or show you around the house or have any food parcels on arrival. Check in will now be self check in and keys will be obtained from a key safe at the house. Please call us on 0141 427 7686 the day before arrival (Mon – Friday)
- In order to meet the enhanced disinfecting protocols for beds we will now only make up enough beds and provide enough towels for the number of people in your party as noted on our booking system. Our default position will be to make up the beds in the main bedroom with the profiling bed. If this is not what you require or you have any queries please get in touch.
- Again to assist with our new changeover procedures we have removed a number of items from the house including all books, leaflets, DVD’s, games, decorative items including decorative soft furnishings and some less used kitchen utensils.
- When you depart the property we ask that you do the following:
- Strip beds and place all linen, bath mats, towels and tea towels into black plastic bags.
- Waste of any kind should be placed in a plastic bag, tied and removed from the property and disposed of in an external bin.
- Load the dishwasher with all glasses, crockery and cutlery and run the machine
- Leave windows open to air property.
- We had to remove all local information from the house and in its place have a welcome binder, which is cleaned after each guest leaves. Please call 0141 427 7686 if you require any further support.
Covid19 – Temporary amendment to our booking conditions*
Changes to booking from 31 st July 2020 till December 2020
The travel industry has received a lot of bad publicity regarding refunds for breaks that were booked during the lockdown period but could not be provided.
We are proud to say that since lock down was implemented on 22nd March we have provided full refunds or moved bookings free of charge
As we move forward we understand you may still have concerns about the security of any money paid to us. Therefore, we are temporarily amending our booking terms and conditions for all bookings made before 31st December 2020 in order to increase our flexibility. These temporary changes are as follows:-
1) 28+ days prior to arrival full refund of holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums and non refundable deposits)
2) 15-27 days prior to arrival 50% refund of the total holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums)
3) 14 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost
If you contract the virus while staying at Clober Farm and need to self-isolate at Clober Farm you will be required to pay for the extra time.
We have added a Covid 19 Guarantee as follows:-
If you or any of your party contract Covid19 and are unable to travel to Clober Farm because you have been instructed to self isolate at home following a positive Covid19 test, should your travel insurer or booking protect refuse a claim made for this event Clober Farm will provide a refund of all monies paid for the accommodation
You must have purchased a suitable travel insurance product on which you have made a claim which has been rejected. Documentary evidence will be required.
We have added a lockdown guarantee as follows:-
In the unfortunate event of a future government enforced nationwide lockdown or regional lockdown that affects your home postcode or Clober Farm and which covers the period of your booked stay we will refund all monies paid for your accommodation (excluding any booking protect premiums).
We have added a shielding guarantee as follows:-
If anyone in your party is classed as vulnerable and has received a government shielding letter asking you to stay home, if the period of shielding stipulated by the appropriate Government covering your postcode includes the period you were due to stay at Clober Farm, we will refund all monies paid for your accommodation (excluding any booking protect premium). Documentary evidence will be required. For updated advice on shielding in Scotland and to see the guidance we are following please visit the Spinal Injuries Scotland website. This was updated 10th July and now allows for visits to Self catering accommodation for those who were previously shielding.
*These changes to our terms and conditions only apply to bookings made directly with Clober Farm, they do not apply to bookings made through any third party agent. For details of their terms and conditions you should check with the agent you made your booking with.
How to contact us.
Our office is now open, we are still not working normal hours as we adjust to the new world post lock down. If you do need to speak to us please try calling 0141 427 7686 between 9.30am and 5pm Monday-Friday. If you do not get anyone please try later. The easiest way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.