Our Environmental Policy
At Clober Farm we are keen to follow good environmental practices. These include:-
Recycle as much waste as possible.
- Glass, cans, plastic bottles (blue bin), newspaper & cardboard (brown bin) go in the recycling bin for collection.
- Food waste can be recycled using the caddy at the gable end of CloberFarm. The food waste bins are kept in the drawer unit in the entrance hallway.
- We use local suppliers such as Borders biscuits and Grahams Dairy for our welcome
- We are replacing the current stock of hot drinks with Fair Trade tea, coffee & sugar
- We will use recycled toilet paper.
- We will be phasing out the existing cleaning products and purchasing Ecover supplies from Gavin’s Mill Fair Trade shop in Milngavie.
Making user our guest information includes environmentally friendly options:
- Bus timetables
- Rail timetables
- Local walks and maps, including Mugdock Country Park.
Reduce utilities usage through:
- Our towel policy, where guests indicate which towels have been used during their stay and having Rated washing machine.
- Low energy light bulbs, including an LED down lighting option in the living room.
- Setting the thermostats which regulate the underfloor heating.
- Monitoring energy usage at Clober Farm throughout the year.
- Adjusting the outdoor lighting to the changing seasons.
If you have any ideas to help make Clober Farm more environmentally friendly, please let us know.